Sunday, December 14

CVS Surprise!

I received a $5/$30 that was only good through today. After Saturday's attempt to use it was foiled, I did a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants transaction today. It actually worked out great. I found a Little Tikes "soft" fire truck that I had been looking everywhere for. It was going to be $5.99 without any coupons or extra care offers on it, but I thought that was fine since I was using the $5/$30 and it was for a Christmas present. Well, when I got to the register, it said "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" under the item listing on the screen. I asked the lady if that meant I could get another one and she said, "If that's what it says on your screen." So I ran back and got a dump truck, and yep, it rang up for free! What a nice surprise!

CVS:
+ 6 Promax energy bars
+ 1 Bayer Ascensia Contour Blood Glucose Monitoring System
+ 2 Little Tikes soft vehicles
- Coupons
- $10.77 in ECBs
+ Tax
=$0.49 on GC, $0.28 out of pocket, $103.69 saved, 99% savings
Avg. cost per item: $0.03
*Plus I earned back $15 in ECBs, a $5/$15 any purchase coupon, a $5/$15 animated or plush toy coupon, a $4/$20 Playskool coupon, and a $1/1 off Colgate Total toothpaste

No comments: