Friday, March 27

Harris Teeter Triples Again!

...and I make a royal mess of it! This time they only triple up to 20 coupons (isn't it normally 25?!?!?)...and of course I used 25 my first trip, so I missed out on $9.75 in savings because those coupons didn't triple. I may return those items; I can't decide. My second trip went much better, except that the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner is BOGO and I only bought one thinking it would be marked 1/2 price--but you actually have to buy 2 to get the sale price I guess because I didn't get it for 1/2 off. So that may be going back also. :(

Harris Teeter Trip #1:
+ 4 Betty Crocker cookie mixes
+ 8 Mahatma rice mixes
+ 2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners
+ 2 Mr. Clean eraser packs
+ 8 Lipton tea bags
+ 1 Sweet Sue Chicken & Dumplings
+ 1 Sweet Sue canned chicken
+ 1 French's onions
+ 1 large Pace Salsa
+ 2 5-lb. Domino sugars
+ 4 Suave body wash
- Coupons
+ Tax
=$22.67 out of pocket, $45.41 saved, 67% savings
Avg. cost per item: $0.66
*If I hadn't goofed, the total OOP *would* have been $12.92, $55.16 saved, 81% savings, $0.38 avg. cost per item.

Harris Teeter Trip #2:
+ 4 Betty Crocker cookie mixes
+ 4 Mahatma rice mixes
+ 1 Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
+ 4 Lipton tea bags
+ 4 Suave body wash
+ 2 Mr. Clean spray
- Coupons
+ Tax
=$7.84 out of pocket, $27.49 saved, 78% savings
Avg. cost per item: $0.41
*If I hadn't goofed, the total OOP *would* have been $7.84, $30.28 saved, 79% savings, $0.39 avg. cost per item.

No comments: