Sunday, February 22

Kroger Necessities

We needed a lot of stuff tonight that we were out of and most of these things are not ones we have coupons for sadly. I am looking into buying a few things like sugar and flour in bulk (once we have our garage storage area set up) so hopefully that will save a little money in the long run.

I also plan to use this container of yogurt to make my own yogurt from now on. I've done it once before and it worked great. I just wasn't wild about the starter yogurt that I used. It was much too tart for my taste, so hopefully this one will be better!
Here's a link to show you how to make your own yogurt in your crock pot! It really does work!

Kroger 2/22:
+ 2 1/2-gallons Silk Soy Milk
+ 1 gallon Kroger skim milk
+ 1 gallon Kroger whole milk
+ 1 large container Yogurt
+ 2 bags Private Selection frozen berries (raspberries + strawberries)
+ 1 bunch bananas
+ 3 kiwis
+ 2 pears
+ 3 Fuji apples
+ 3 red grapefruit
+ 5 Johnson's buddies soap bars
+ 1 Kroger Value sugar
+ 1 dozen Kroger eggs
- Coupons ($5.50: $1/2 Silk soy milk, $2.50/3 Johnson's products, $2/2 Johnson's products, Double points)
+ Tax
=$34.60 out of pocket, $7.90 saved, 19% savings
Avg. cost per item: $1.33
*Plus I earned another Johnson's coupon ($3/3) that works on the Buddies bars, so we can get 3 more for free!


Total left for this month: $227.20

No comments: